Before we are talking about What mental illness do I have? Let’s take a look what the mental illness is first. Mental illness is a disease that causes severe disturbances in thinking, feeling and behavior of a person. These disorders cause someone unable to face the challenges and everyday life.
A man attacked mental illness (Psychoses); his personality is interrupted, and less able to conform to the natural, and not able to understand the problem. Often people who are asylum did not feel that he was sick, on the contrary he considered that his normal course, even better, superior and more important than others.
There are 2 mental kinds, namely:
First: that is caused by the presence of damage to the body. For example, brain or nerve Central loss of ability of various glands. This may be caused by poisoning due to liquor, drugs or stimulants, due to disease of dirty locations and so on.
Second: disturbances caused by the soul which has dragged on so that it reaches its peak without a settlement are reasonable or loss of mental balance, due to the atmosphere of the environment are very squeeze, inner tension and so on.
What mental illness do I have?
Schizophrenia is a mental illness is the most common psychiatric illness compared with other disease causing deterioration of personality in general, which usually begin to appear at puberty, and most are aged between 15-30 years.
The symptoms include:
- Cold feeling, no attention to what was happening around him. Not seen her emotional reaction to the people closest to him, emotionally angry, sad and scared. Everything is faced with indifference.
- Many lost in reverie that is far from reality, it is very difficult for people to understand the mind. And he prefers to avoid association with the crowds and aloof.
- Have prejudices improper and unreasonable, for example, when he sees people who write or talk about something, he thought that writing or speech intended to denounce it.
- Frequent incorrect responses and interruptions in mind, for instance, people are talking suddenly forgot what he was saying. Sometimes in conversation he moved from one problem to another problem that has nothing at all or his words not clear tip base.
- Hallucinations of hearing, smell or sight, resulting in the patient as if to hear, smell or see something that does not exist. He seemed to hear other people (neighbors) talk about it, or see something scary.
- Many desperate and felt that he was the victim of a crime or a public crowd. Feeling that all persons found guilty and led to his suffering.
- Desire to distance themselves from the public, do not want to meet other people and so forth, sometimes even down to not eat or drink and so on, so in this case it must be injected so that helped.
Similarly, among other symptoms of schizophrenia and each patient may only one or two kinds of symptoms. Until now not known with certainty what the actual cause was Schizophrenia. Some argue that a major role of heredity.
According to the results of several studies proved that 60% of people who are sick are from families who have infestation of mental illness. There is also a saying that the reason is the destruction of certain glands in the body. There is a view that focuses on the adjustment that is because people are not able to face the hardships of life, can not adapt in such a way that it often failed in an attempt to face trouble.
Whatever the real reason, but it is evident that most of the disease began to attack people in the face of a press event, which resulted in the emergence of diseases that may be contained in secret in him. Another motivating factor is the economic hardship, family relationships, in addition there is anxiety arising from masturbation too long, so feel guilty and regret, and was unable to stop it.
This disease usually progress for a long time, maybe in a few months or a few years, and then he showed mild symptoms, but eventually after a specific event, suddenly visible symptoms of a great time.
Paranoia is a disease ‘greatness mad’ or ‘crazy accused person’. Among the characteristics of this disease is the delusion that one thought one of the master person attacked. Delusions are different shapes and kinds according to the mood and personality of the patient, for example:
- Patients have an opinion (belief) is wrong, all the attention devoted to it and that one was also the fruit he said, so that each person he meets will also be convincing truth that opinion. For example, a husband who thinks his wife malicious poisoning. So always avoid eating at home, for fear of being exposed to the poison.
- People feel that there are evil people to him and always try to drop it or molesting her.
- The patient felt that he was a great man, great is unrivaled, and believes himself to be a great leader or a possible claim to the Prophet.
Delusions or thought any of that was felt by the patient so hang of it and not get lost. At the beginning people thought that his mind was logical and correct. Usually people who attacked her paranoia intelligent, powerful memory, visible emotions balanced and matched with his mind. It’s just that he has a false belief, so pay close attention and his words are always controlled by one’s thoughts.
Actually, we have to distinguish between mental illness paranoia earnest with paranoid behavior. Paranoid behavior was also abnormal also include:
- Seen once in all his actions, that he is selfish, stubborn and very hard stance and opinion.
- Do not want to admit mistakes or shortcomings, always blame on others, and all failures result from the interference of others.
- He believes that he has the ability and extraordinary intelligence. He was descended from a much better than others and feel that everyone envy, jealousy and fear him.
- In the fraternity she had been unfaithful, people had loved so much, it can turn into a very hated by trivial reasons only.
- This person can not work and have compliance management. Because he often argues, fight and have their own opinions, unwilling to accept advice or views of anyone else.
3. Manic depressive
Patients experiencing great taste or joy which then became sad or depressed. Symptoms are:
Having three levels of mild (hypo), severe (acute) and very heavy (hyper). In the actions of people attacked by mild mania looks always on, do not know terrible, overbearing speech, never reprimanded both words and deeds, can not bear the criticism against him, this person usually meddlesome others.
In severe mania (acute), people are usually attacked by delusions at certain times, so it is difficult for him to do some work with regularly. Patients expressed a sense of joy and happy to excess. Sometimes a deep reverie attacked once, so it can not distinguish the place, time and people around him.
In the case of a very severe mania (hyper) who attacked sometimes dangerous to himself and possibly harm other people in attitude and actions. In the first patient screaming, berating, grumpy and so on, then go back to the usual composure and works likes no nothing.
Patients look grim, sad and desperate. He was attacked by various diseases that can not be cured, or the feeling that sin can not be forgiven again. Sometimes he hurt himself. People who are attacked by the disease often complain of mild melancholia fate not good and feel hopeless. For patients with severe melancholia and distanced himself from the community.
Stress is a condition or state of the body affected by psychological distress. Usually not because of stress related physical ailments but more about the psyche. However, because of the influence of stress, then physical illness can arise due to weak immune system and poor at that time.
Many things can trigger stress appears as anxiety, irritation, fatigue, frustration, feelings of anxiety, sadness, excessive work, Pre Menstrual Syndrome (PMS), too focused on one thing, feelings of confusion, sorrow and fear. Usually this can be resolved by consultation the psychiatrist or rested.
Neurosis psychoneurosis often called is a general term that refers to mental imbalance that causes stress, but not like psychosis or personality disorder, neurosis does not affect rational thinking. The concept of neurosis related to the field of psychoanalysis, a school of thought in psychology or psychiatry.
Psychosis is a personality disorder that causes a person’s inability to assess reality with fantasy. As a result, there is a new version of the reality of psychosis. Psychosis is a set of symptoms or syndromes associated with other psychiatric disorders, but these symptoms are not specific to the disease symptoms, as listed in neither the diagnostic criteria for DSM-IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) nor the ICD-10 (International Statistical Classification of Diseases).
The meaning of psychosis actually still are narrow and biased which means hallucination, it also found other symptoms including talks and disorderly behavior, and a power interruption value reality.
Therefore it can also be interpreted as a psychosis of a set of symptoms or impaired mental function, there is a response, feeling the power value of the reality, communication and relationships between individuals with their surroundings.
Syndrome, in medicine and psychology, is a collection of several clinical characteristics, signs, symptom, phenomenon, or characters that often occur together. This collection can convince the doctor in making a diagnosis.
The term syndrome can be used only to describe the various characters and the symptom, not a diagnosis. But sometimes, some names made disease syndromes, such as Down syndrome.
The word syndrome is derived from the Greek word meaning “running together”, as happened on the set of markers. The term is often used to refer to a collection of clinical signs which are still unknown causes. Many syndromes are named according to the doctor who thought finding signs of it the first time. Moreover, it can also be taken from the name of the location, history, and more.
Pyromania is a kind of mania in which emerged a strong urges to accidentally set fire to relieve tension and typically produces a feeling of relief or satisfaction after doing it. Patients pyromania (or so-called pyromaniac) different from the burning building (arson), pyromaniac also differ with those who started the fire due to psychosis, for personal, monetary or political, or as an act of revenge. Pyromaniac set fire to stimulate euphoria, and often interested in things related to fire control, such as fire.
Kleptomania is a mental illness that makes the sufferer is unable to resist the urge to steal. The objects were stolen by people with kleptomania are goods that are worthless, like stealing candy, sugar, comb, or other items. The sufferer usually feel a sense of subjective tense before stealing and feel relief or pleasure as they perform the Act of stealing. This action should be distinguished from the Act of stealing a regular which is usually driven by profit motives and pre-planned.
If you already feel the symptoms as above immediately consult a physician, prevention is better than cure.
You may deal with grief or ‘depression’ you to practice the following characteristics:
- Practice positive thinking.
- It may resolve the problem or conflict with memorable.
- May communicate effectively.
- Be assertive or assertive self.
- Applying these values in themselves spiritual or religious.
- Realize the relationship and bonding nice fellow beings.
- You also may receive advice and guidance from psychological experts, councilors and experts Psychiatry.